Monday, April 20, 2009

Finally, Virtual Box 2.2.2

Well, it did need a reboot of my OSX host, and although it may have been a debugging tangent I ended up using PCnet-PCI II for my Windows virtual boxes instead of the fast one but... VirtualBox has finally made my tap/tun interface irrelevant. And not a moment too soon, as it was just getting on my nerves (though I did have it working).

The instructions that I have been writing up for the last few months, though, are still very relevant to get all the ducks in a row so you can shoot them. This is exciting though. With just the host-only network I can call:

vbox-win  192.168.56.100
vbox        192.168.56.200
host         192.168.56.1

the last one was a default, but the others were chosen after seeing how they got automatically assigned. And now all of them can see each other and I can finally get back to work.

Now that Oracle bought Sun, I wonder what will happen to the VirtualBox software? Will it be in the strategy?

No comments: